Tuesday, 5 August 2008

A New York minute post

Hi again,
I've been in New York city for about 5 hours now, and still haven't been mugged! That must be some sort of record.

Mind you it seems the New Yorkers have a new thing to do rather than abuse passers by - talk on their cellphones. I have no idea who they are talking too, but the numbers of people on the street are so high it is very likely it's someone just across the road.

This is only a temporary visit to the city, as I'm heading to Niagara tomorrow, but I've wandered to the ubiquitous Times Square already (as seen in 2,184 movies this year already), and I must say it's an impressive use of neon and lcd lighting. The Toys'R Us store even has a working ferris wheel contained within its department store.
Wait, I'm getting Vegas flashbacks...

No comments: